I have never felt a need to make new year's resolutions in the past, but for some reason felt compelled to now! I think it may be that as every year goes by, it seems to go quicker and quicker, and I find that plans often seem to slip though my fingers. So hopefully by making this list for the new year, I will actually accomplish them and get some things done! I think it's also important to keep trying to better yourself as a person, so why not start with the new year.
- Learn one full song on piano. I haven't played the piano in such a long time, seems silly to have one just sitting there! Plus making music is wonderful.
- Walk the dog at least three times a week
- Go to the gym at least twice a week - I'm thinking pump class and yoga class, then whatever I can add in on top of that.
- Participate in a 5km fun run
- Get creative and open an Etsy store
- Get onto the jobs we've been putting off with the house: painting all the doors, doing some work in the garden
- Shopping ban: purchasing of essential items only. So no new clothes unless something is worn out and needs to be replaced, no make-up, accessories, shoes, etc. Only going to buy things for the house that we really need.
- Pay off the credit card and save save save!
- Make time to dance
- Try cooking at least one new recipe per month (per week would be nice but I want to make these goals acheivable!)
- Start a vegie patch
- Get a library card and utilise this free resource!
I think it is so easy to get caught up in the world of consumerism, and wanting "new" things all the time that we don't actually need. So this year I'm really going to focus on what is really important to me, and even though I am a generally positive and happy person, I'd like to make sure I take the time to step back and really be thankful and grateful to be a part of this world and for all the wonderful people and experiences that are a part of my life everyday.
So for my 2013 and beyond, I'd like to live simply, be healthy, take pleasure in every moment and appreciate all that I am lucky enough to have.
What are your hopes and wishes for the coming year?