Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Last Hawaii Post!

OK so I figured I should probably wrap up my Hawaii recap before I go into our recent New Zealand trip. Haven't had a chance to go through the gazillion photos we took anyway.
So after our cruise we spent a week in Honolulu shopping, sitting on the beach, etc. We did visit Pearl Harbour which I highly recommend, Kualoa Ranch for an ATV tour which was sooo much fun, and did a day drive up to the North Shore. 

View from Diamond Head. We saw a couple of girls do the walk up in massive wedges. Crazy! We caught the bus here, can't remember the details but it wasn't too hard and the bus driver can tell you where to get off if you're not sure.
Pearl Harbour - we did the audio tour which was well worth it. You learn so much more than if you just looked around at the exhibits and it doesn't cost much. We also caught the bus to/from here, had to get up early for that one.

Unfortunately the afternoon we went to Kualoa wasn't the best in terms of weather, but we had a great time anyway. We got absolutely soaked on the ATV ride but it wasn't cold and it didn't take long for our clothes to dry.  

At Kailua beach, which in my opinion is the best beach on the island. Waikiki is way crowded and the sand isn't very nice, there's rocks in the water. This beach was gorgeous. We also went to Sandy Beach which the BIL loved as there was waves. Unfortunately we missed out on going to Hanauma Bay as they were doing roadworks and had closed it off when we were hoping to visit. Next time!
I am yearning for another tropical getaway and we're now looking at going to Bali in October/November! :D :D :D Neither Ray or I have been there so we're going to join the rest of the horde of Aussies over there. Can't wait! Would love to hear any tips/recommendations anyone has re: Bali. I know nothing. Time to get my research on!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Hawaii looks so nice, especially that beach! It's one place that my partner is not keen on going so need to work on that! I haven't been to Bali myself but I have heard great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks incredible! The beach photo is making me want summer back again. I'd love to visit Hawaii. The photos of the foggy mountains are awesome - they look like they've just been cut off at the top!

    Can't wait to hear about NZ!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails